Sweet Seeds is proud to present the return of the famous Sweet Seeds Grow Diary Competition, with more than 11.000€ in prizes (from which 6.000€ in cash and more than 5.000€ between products and trips). Besides an incredible first place, we offer every month a very generous prize to the Grower of the Month and, in the last month of the competition we will give a cinematographic extra prize to the best video shared within the contest, as you can check out for yourself next. For this competition Sweet Seeds has more than 30.000€ in seed packages to distribute among the contestants.
- We will share 9 seeds with each contestant. 3 packs of 3 seeds to be chosen among our varieties (according to the availability of the stock for the contest*) in exchange for a grow diary in this subforum;
- Only users who live in the countries to which we can legally send seeds from Spain can participate in the seed giveaway (United Kingdom, Spain, Italy, France, Ireland, Romania, Slovenia, Denmark, Austria, The Netherlands, Czech Republic, Poland, Sweden, Finland, Greece, Ukraine, Hungary, Serbia, Belgium and Slovakia). It is also required that the user is an adult in the country of residence to be able to participate, obviously, although that is already a requirement at UK420 to have a registration in the forum;
- Only users with a registration in the forum with a date previous to the 17th of October of 2016 and a minimum of 20 posts published can participate in the seed giveaway. In the competition every user that shares a grow diary with his own Sweet Seeds seeds or Sweet Seeds clones can participate, even if the date of registration in the forum is not previous to the 17th of October of 2016;
- In this contest we also accept the participation of users from other international forums where Sweet Seeds has a subforum, as long as they are registered previous to the date of announcement of the contest rules and with a minimum activity of 20 posts. In this case, the international users must contact the Sweet Seeds moderators in their original forum so that they can be invited to the competition at UK420.com, where they have to register with the same nickname that they previously used in the other forum;
- We exclude from the initial seed giveaway all the users who asked for seeds in previous contests or as testers and did not share a grow diary.
*The stock for the contest is of 4.806 seeds (1.602 packs of 3 seeds) distributed among our 48 strains. This allows for a total of 534 contestants.
We will evaluate:
- The appearance of the plants [20%];
- Tidiness and general appearance of the grow room or outdoor grow area [20%];
- Artistic photographic quality and quantity of pictures and videos that show the evolution of the plants [20%];
- Originality of the methods, techniques and resources applied, as long as they have a positive impact in the plants [20%];
- Quality and originality of the texts. Frequency of posting and fair play [20%].
All the grow diaries have to be finished before the 20th of MAY of 2017 at 23h59m (UTC time, London).
The winners will be announced by the 25th of MAY.
.:|Prizes for the 4th Sweet Seeds Grow Diary Competition|:.
• 1st Prize – 3500€ in cash and a trip to Amsterdam for 2 people.
3500 euros in cash and a weekend for 2 in Amsterdam in June or July 2017 (depending on the date when the Highlife Cannabis Cup Ceremony takes place), including the flight tickets from the country of residence of the winner of this prize, stay in a 4 or 5 star hotel (3 days and 2 nights, Saturday and Sunday, with breakfast included) in the centre of Amsterdam, a personal guide to visit the best coffeeshops and the winner of this prize will also receive a cup in the HighLife Cannabis Cup 2017 stage, that will take place in Amsterdam in June or July in a place that is still to be confirmed (we will update this information very soon);
• 2nd Prize – 750€ in cash and a trip to Amsterdam for 2 people.
750 euros in cash and a weekend for 2 in Amsterdam in June or July 2017 (depending on the date when the Highlife Cannabis Cup Ceremony takes place), including the flight tickets from the country of residence of the winner of this prize, stay in a 4 or 5 star hotel (3 days and 2 nights, Saturday and Sunday, with breakfast included) in the centre of Amsterdam, a personal guide to visit the best coffeeshops and the winner of this prize will also receive a cup in the HighLife Cannabis Cup 2017 stage, that will take place in Amsterdam in June or July in a place that is still to be confirmed (we will update this information very soon);
• 3rd Prize – 400€ in products to be chosen from our website (shipping costs included in that amount);
• And from the 4th to the 20th, 17 contestants will receive – Sweet Seeds goodie bag, composed by 2 packs of 3 seeds and a few more products like t-shirts, hats, lighters, stickers, etc… (we don’t guarantee that all these items will be sent as it depends on the merchandising available at that precise moment) The seeds are guaranteed, together with a few more things among the previously mentioned.
But this is not all. The big prize festival is not only in May, but every month we have…
.:|Monthly prize for the ”Grower of the Month”|:.
500€ every month
Every month* we offer a fantastic prize to the “Grower of the Month”. The elected wins 250 euros in cash and 250 euros in products from the Sweet Seeds web shop (shipping costs included in that amount).
*November, December, January, February, March and April.
By the 20th of every month the Sweet Seeds jury will nominate 5 contestants as candidates to the “Grower of the Month” prize. The 5 nominees can (and should) do everything possible to improve even more their grow diaries from the day of the nomination until the last day of the month.
By the 1st and 2nd of the following month, the Sweet Seeds jury (with the special participation of Hugo Madera, Director of Soft Secrets Spain and Judith, the Soft Secrets Community Manager) will elect the winner through an internal voting. Each member of the jury votes with 10 points his/her favourite grow diary, with 7 points for the 2nd favourite, 5 points to the 3rd, 3 points to the 4th and 2 points to the 5th.
The points are added together to obtain the winner and by the 3rd of each month we will announce the winner of the previous month based in the votes of the members of the jury.
By the 3rd of each month we will announce the winner in the Sweet Seeds official Facebook page and also in the news section of our blog from the Sweet Seeds official website. The 5th of every month the winner will also be publicly announced at UK420.
A contestant who wins a “Grower of the Month” prize is excluded of future nominations for this prize category until the end of the contest. By other words, each contestant can only be elected as “Gower of the Month” in one occasion. But remains as (a serious) candidate to the final prizes, obviously.
Although the last 30 days are the most important to the evaluations, every time the jury finds out that things are very levelled between 2 or more contestants, the last 60 days will be taken into consideration when voting for the election of the winner. So if you did a good work in the current month but you did not win, don’t think your effort was for nothing. Keep up with the good work for one more month because it can accumulate and give you more chances to win a prize.
The prize of 250 euros in products is not limited to seeds. The Sweet Seeds online shop is a growshop and you can order 250 euros in grow equipment, resin extraction, vaporizers, etc…
Prize for the Best Video
Besides all this, in May we will give an Extra Prize for the Best Video showing the evolution of the plants.
By the 20th of May (at the same date and time of the end of the competition), the jury will elect the best video, through the same voting system used in the “Grower of the Month” prizes. The winner takes 250 euros in cash and 250 euros in products from the Sweet Seeds webshop (shipping costs included in that amount). The winner of this prize will be announced by the 22nd of May 2017.
In the video you have to include the current Sweet Seeds logo. If you don’t have it you can request it from us.
How to participate in the 4th Sweet Seeds Grow Diary Competition:
All the UK420.com users who want to participate must send a private message to Sweet Seeds-tommy with the following text:
I would like to participate in the 4th Sweet Seeds Grow Diary Competition.
The accepted contestants will then (in a maximum of 72 hours) receive a private message in the forum with the link to an app that was especially designed for the competition and a single use code to insert in the app, which allows you to request the strains with which you want to participate and also to send us the details to ship the seeds.
Please don’t sent private messages with questions. Questions, suggestions or comments can be posted in this public thread. If you don’t know which strains you want to choose and you prefer to ask about their characteristics or if you have any doubt about the contest rules, please do it in this thread. We will not reply private messages with this kind of doubts that can be posted in public.
Besides the private message requesting the seeds to participate, we also ask all the contestants to express their will to participate in this thread.
Note #1: Even if the seed stock for the contest is not over by the 10th of March, it is not possible to ask for seeds from then on, due to the short period of time that the contestant would have to finish a grow diary. Besides that, for seed requests between the 20th of February and the 10th of March we advice the autoflowering strains as they give more guarantees to be ready before the end of the contest.
Note #2: Sweet Seeds reserves the right to change some details in the contest rules. But only if we think that they can be improved or made better and never to reduce prizes or to make the contest more difficult. Any change made after the 31st of October of 2016 will be announced in this thread. Until the 31st of October the contest rules may be slightly changed without warning, so until that date they should be regarded as provisional.
Note #3: If you recently started a grow diary in this forum and the date of the first post is after the 1st of October, we can move your grow diary to the competition subforum so that you can participate with your current work. You just have to ask us and we will do it for you. Or, if you prefer, you can re-start it and improve it as much as you want, even if it was started in September.
– The cash prizes can only be sent by bank transfer, with no exceptions;
– The prizes between the 4th and the 20th place will be sent in the maximum period of 50 days after the announcement of the winners. The same goes for the “Grower of the Month” prizes;
– If any of the winners of the two first prizes could not go to Amsterdam to receive their prize for whatever reason, we will transfer the amount of 3.500 euros or 750 euros (respectively, according to the prize won) in cash, but we will never change the flight and hotel stay for its equivalent in cash. It is also determined that the prizes are not transferable between the winners and if for example the 1st place can not go to Amsterdam, the trip will not be transferred to the winner of the 3rd place;
– Sweet Seeds reserves the right to consider every post, text, image and video published by the contestants as Sweet Seeds property and can use them to promote Sweet Seeds products without previous authorisation of the author, but always quoting the authorship. This means that you accept to share the rights of your work with Sweet Seeds and, just like you, Sweet Seeds can use your work and publish them outside of this subforum and forum. You don’t loose the rights over your work, they are just shared between both parts;
– The language used in the texts of the grow diaries must always be the English language;
– This competition, with exactly the same rules and prizes, is also taking place at the Spanish forum CannabisCafe. Each person can only participate in 1 of the two forums. If you feel like sharing your diary in the other forum, that is perfect, the Spanish fellas will find it interesting for sure and we even give you 3 packs of seeds for free if you share the grow diary from germination to harvest in the other forum, but always outside of the subforum that is dedicated to the competition and without aiming for the prizes;
– Sweet Seeds renounces any responsibility regarding the reception of the seeds by the contestants. We send all the requested seeds by the contestants, but when for any reason the seeds don’t arrive, we don’t assume the responsibility and we will not send them again;
– Sweet Seeds reserves the right to not send seeds to a specific contestant if by any reason Sweet Seeds suspects that he/she only wants to receive the seeds for free without participating in the competition. In this case Sweet Seeds does not have to justify the suspicions. If we have any doubt we simply don’t send the seeds. If this happens, you can still participate in the competition with your own Sweet Seeds seeds or clones from strains of the Sweet Seeds collection and if you finish your grow diary before the 15th of February we will then send you 3 packs of 3 seeds if you want to share a second grow diary;
– Sweet Seeds rejects any derivative responsibility regarding complaints about the jury decisions. The decisions are subjective just like in any sport with a jury, such as artistic gymnastics, diving, synchronised swimming, etc., in which the decisions are based on what the human eye (jury) can see and interpret, instead of based in numeric measurement like in most sports. We know that a good percentage of you will not agree with some decisions, but that is inevitable and to make this kind of contest we have to reject responsibilities regarding this subject, or else we couldn’t run this competition. We hope that you trust us because after all, choosing the best works is something that directly affects us. By other words, it is very easy to understand that Sweet Seeds is the most interested part in making everything possible to elect the best.
You can access to the competition by clicking here.
Lets get the party started!
Sweet Grow Diaries to all the growers!