In the past, most cannabis strains were not selected for the potency of their effect, but for their unique flavors, aromas and effects. Once these strains traveled, reaching to different parts of the world and multiplying, new cannabis hybrids were produced. Some intentionally, others by accident. The original strains laid the groundwork for others to be created.
- This famous variety is called OG Kush and has its roots in the Hindu Kush area (Afghanistan, Pakistan and northern India). The plants have a mostly indica appearance. The abbreviation "OG" means "Ocean Grown", and not "Original Gangster", although it could be considered as a gangster by the way it dominates the other strains in the market.
During the 60s and 70s, American hippies travelled to the Asian continent carrying these magnificent Kush seeds and that’s when the selection and hybridization of this genetics started.
San Fernando Lemon Kush® (SWS62) is an outstanding strain that inherited the powerful lemony essence of the original OG Kush, without neglecting the magnificent Indigo Berry Kush® (SWS63) and Killer Kush Auto® (SWS56), both delicious and aromatic varieties with Kush genetics.
- Genetic line of the Kush family: Afghan, Pakistan and North Indian.
- Effect: Relaxation, euphoria, happyness.
- Aromas: Sweet, spicy, coffee.
Legend has it that two brothers called "Haze brothers", were searching for the best Sativa varieties in the world. Mexico, Colombia, India, Cambodia, among other destinations were a source of seeds for the Haze brothers. Later on, during the hippie era in California, they selected and stabilized these seeds wedging them with the name "Haze".
Once Amsterdam breeders got their hands into these incredible varieties, the most famous seed banks began to spread the Haze essence to all cannabis lovers. Amsterdam had an enormous influence on the strains that we consume today. Especially at the end of the 20th century, the American Haze varieties have consolidated their name in the market.
Within the most famous Haze varieties we can find Super Silver Haze, Amnesia Haze and Lemon Haze.
In 2018 at Sweet Seeds® we released our Sweet Amnesia Haze® (SWS72) which is also available in its autoflowering version Sweet Amnesia Haze XL Auto® (SWS57).
- Genetic line of the Haze family: Thai, Mexican, South Indian, South American.
- Effect: Energy, euphoria, relaxation, happyness.
- Aromas: Sweet, earthy.
Behind the creation of the incredible Diesel strains, there is a fascinating story. A man named Chemdog bought two cannabis bags where he found 13 seeds of this wonderful plant, from which he developed the famous Chemdog cannabis strains.
In 1994, Chemdog’s friend "AJ", known as "Asshole Joe", grew the strain Chemdog 91’, which was accidentally pollinated by another cannabis strain on Staten Island. Thus, the famous NYC Diesel was born.
Chem Beyond Diesel®, C.B.D. (SWS66) from Sweet Seeds® is one of these dazzling Diesel varieties that you have to include in your marijuana crops. This magnificent variety combines the well-known Diesel power with a high CBD ratio.
In addition, there is the well-known NYC Diesel® (SWS06), another strain from our collection developed from the NYC Diesel lineage.
Genetic line of the Diesel family:
- In the East Coast:
- Original Diesel = Chem Dawg x (Sensi NL x Mass. Super Skunk)
- Sour Diesel = Original Diesel x DNL
- DNL = (RFK Skunk x Hawaian) x NL
- RFK = Skunk desaparecida en el 90-91
- Giesel = Chem Dawg x Mass. Super Skunk
- Snowdawg o Super Snowdawg = Chem Dawg x (Mass. Super Skunk x Humboldt snow)
- In the West Coast:
- OG Kush = Chem Dawg x (Lemon Thai x Old World Paki Kush)
- West Coast Dog = Chem Dawg x Humboldt índica
- Bubba Kush = OG Kush x (West Coast Dog x Old World Paki Kush)
- Purple Kush = Grandaddy Purple x OG Kush
- In Europe:
- Soma NYC Diesel = Sour Diesel x (Sour Diesel x (Afgani x Hawaian))
- Chem Beyond Diesel®= NYC Diesel x (NYC Diesel x Nafarroa Diesel) Genética feminizada
Skunk is one of the most famous cannabis strains in the world. It was developed in the early 70’s in California, under the command of Sam The Skunkman.
This variety was stabilized, originating an impressive cannabis strain, featuring high yield, fast flowering, abundant branches, dense and resinous buds, all together with powerful and exquisite aromas.
- Genetic line of the Skunk family: Afghani, Acapulco Gold, Colombian Gold.
- Effect: Creativity, energy, loss of appetite.
- Aromas: Skunk, earthy.
This is one of the most famous Indica cannabis strains of all time. It was developed in the United States in the late 1970’s on an island near Seattle.
Varieties from the Northern Lights family feature a robust appearance, strong in the form of a shrub with abundant side branches, which are strong and flexible enough to support the weight of the large and dense buds. In addition, they have a flowering period just under the 2 month mark. It is also a very high yielder.
In addition, Northern Lights gave birth to other famous hybrid strains such as Super Silver Haze, Sour Diesel and Shiva Skunk.
Northern Lights Characteristics
- Genetic line of the Northern Lights family: Afghani, Thai
- Effectt: Relaxing, comfortable.
- Aromas: Wood, earthy.
- Flowering: 8 weeks.
Blueberry gained significant recognition for the first time after winning the High Times Cannabis Cup in 2000 as the Best Indica variety. Afterwards, the genetics of Blueberry spread to other countries and its medicinal and therapeutic benefits called the attention of many people around the world. The sweet taste with a touch of blueberries, the euphoric and relaxing effect, the strong medicinal value and the colors of this variety turned it into a very famous strain all around the world.
Blueberry varieties are synonymous with exquisiteness and color. Its name is given by the colors acquired during flowering together with the sweet taste and blueberry aroma.
Blueberry was created and developed in the United States during the 80’s and 90’s by the famous and well-known Canadian breeder "DJ Short".
DJ Short is an expert cannabis grower who also studied psychology and biology. During the 70’s he worked with mostly Sativa exotic genetics brought from Colombia, Panama, Mexico and Thailand.
Due to the existing prohibitions and policies, DJ Short decides to leave the United States, and arrives in Europe in the 90’s, bringing his seeds with him. Holland was one of the first destinations for legality with marijuana and allowed him to keep breeding new varieties.
- Genetic line of the Blueberry family: Afghani Indica, Purple Thai, Sativa Thai.
- Effect: Relaxing, comfortable, euphoria, drowsiness
- Aromas: Blueberries, sweet and fresh